Cable manufactured with copper, all aluminum conductor (AAC) or aluminum conductor steel reinforced (ACSR) with extruded semi-conductor shield over the conductor and black cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation jacket.
Viakon's covered cables meet the following specifications:
- CFE E0000-29 Covered cables for overhead lines from 15 to 38 kV.
- LFC GDD-035 Covered Cables 23.
Note: The LFC specification covers only some sizes for 25 kV, for more information, contact our Engineering Department.
- Covered cables are suitable for use in medium voltage overhead electrical energy distribution systems in wooded areas.
- Maximum operation voltage: 15000, 25000, and 35000 V.
- Maximum operation temperature in the conductor: 90°C
- Copper conductors are made with hard drawn copper.
- Aluminum conductors are manufactured with 1350 - H19 alloy hard drawn aluminum.
- ACSR conductors are manufactured with 1350 - H19 alloy hard drawn aluminum and a steel core.
- Black covering which makes them sunlight resistant.
- Because theses cables do not have an insulation shield they are considered to be non-insulated cables, and therefore they must be subject to the care and precaution of non-insulated cables.
- Cross-linked polyethylene insulation jacket makes them resistant to abrasion caused by tree branches.
- Sunlight resistant.